    RE: iSCSI: draft 7: remove S bit and Status field from the Data-i

    > > The slide I presented in London was about replacing
    > > immediate data with an unsolicited data PDU immediately following the
    > > command, thus removing the immediate data case in favor of reusing the
    > > logic for dealing with separate Data PDUs.  Remember that this was
    presented
    > > as a simplification possibility.
    >
    > This does help some. It eliminates the situation where a target can
    receive
    > an essentially unlimited number of immediate data commands prior to
    receiving
    > *any* data PDUs.
    >
    > But, do you mean to say that *one* unsolicited data PDU would follow the
    > command? Wouldn't that be unnecessarily restrictive if the PDU size is
    small?
    > Simply guaranteeing that the data PDUs will immediately follow the command
    > seems like an adequate improvement.

    Dave is right - "an unsolicited data PDU" should have been "one or more
    unsolicited data PDUs" - I was making the incorrect assumption that
    immediate
    data is always short (not necessarily the case, but perhaps common).

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500