    RE: iSCSI: Rev 07 Comments

    • To: "Jim Hafner" <hafner@almaden.ibm.com>
    • Subject: RE: iSCSI: Rev 07 Comments
    • From: "Bill Moody" <bmoody@Crossroads.com>
    • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 06:45:45 -0500
    • Cc: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Jim,

    Thanks for the clarification.  You're right in that the definition of
    Portal Groups is initiator/target agnostic.  I was able to resolve my
    own confusion after re-reading the definition and considering the
    implications a few times.  I just thought you might avoid any such
    confusion by explicitly mentioning the notion of initiator portal groups
    sooner.  Although the definition is agnostic, the diagram that follows
    the definition is target specific and no mention of initiator portal
    groups occurs until the discussion following the ISID RULE.

    Bill