    From: Black_David@emc.com [mailto:Black_David@emc.com]
    Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 12:09 PM
    To: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: iSCSI: Alias consensus call

    Traffic on this topic has died down, so I believe that the
    rough consensus of the IPS WG is to retain support for Alias
    in the iSCSI protocol.

    I have seen two expressions of the opposite view:
    - Bob Snively's, which I am setting aside, as not
    	being relevant to the topic - Bob's post
    	concerned LU aliases rather than Initiator/
    	Target aliases.
    - Marj Krueger's, which I take note of in making this
    	call (i.e., the consensus call is over Marj's
    	objection).

    Anyone other than Marj who wishes to object should post
    to the list.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500