    iSCSI: Login/CmdSN consensus call

    This issue of how CmdSN and its ordering requirements apply
    to login phase commands needs to be closed.  While I have
    not been able to review every message on this topic, I
    believe that the rough consensus of the IPS WG is that
    login phase messages do NOT participate in CmdSN-based
    ordering of iSCSI commands.

    One way of achieving this is to REQUIRE that all
    login phase messages (login, login response, text [when
    used during login phase}) be sent for immediate delivery
    with the I bit set to "1" rather than "0" as currently
    specified in the -07 draft, but I'm open to further
    discussion of alternatives to this on the list.

    The only technical argument I've seen against this has
    been based on the notion that an Initiator may wish to
    order a Login command with respect to an outstanding
    SCSI Task Management operation.  I find this unconvincing
    because:
    - iSCSI's mapping of SCSI Task Management is already
    	more than sufficiently complicated.  We should
    	not be adding more functionality here.
    - If ordering wrt SCSI task management is required,
    	the Initiator should login and then issue the
    	appropriate SCSI commands to obtain the desired
    	result rather than relying on iSCSI side effects.
    Any further objection to this consensus call should be
    sent to the list.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500