    RE: iSCSI: Alias consensus call FAILURE

    David,

    You might have missed my note on this subject amidst the flood of other
    notes.

    I am also opposed to Aliases for all the reasons state by others, though my
    objection is not strong.  In essence, I don't think it belongs here in the
    iSCSI protocol, but I also don't think it breaks anything or causes any
    significant problems in interoperability, testing, performance, etc.  There
    are other things I've raised issue about that fit in these categories (some
    of which have been addressed, others not -- but I'll pick up on those
    later).

    So, count me just over the line on negative side for aliases.

    Jim Hafner

    Black_David@emc.com@ece.cmu.edu on 08/21/2001 06:24:40 am

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu