    RE: IPS: FCIP & this list

    Bob,

    You left out the piece of Ralph's email which said
    that converting the intermediate PDFs to text was not
    feasible, hence only a PDF version will be available:

    > The interim FCIP drafts and issues lists are maintained in PDF
    > format, amounting to between .2M and .5M of new material per
    > week. Since this is Rome, they cannot be posted to this reflector.
    > It is totally impractical to translate the PDFs to text, sorry.

    Submitting paired text and PDF documents to the I-D servers
    is fine, but keep in mind that the text version must be
    self-contained by the time it is last called in the WG (i.e.,
    only figures that are not crucial to understanding the
    document can be omitted from the text version).

    > I would like to push the IETF to step up to their stated
    > flexibility in this area, if they have not already done so.

    If you want those intermediate PDF versions on the I-D servers,
    you need to push Ralph to generate their text counterparts.
    The IETF secretariat stands ready to do what was promised.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500