    iSCSI: definition of TSID (2.11.4 of draft 07)

    Folks,

    The following text defines TSID in referenced document (and with the
    changes proposed by Mallikarjun):

    "The TSID is a tag that identifies the SCSI initiator port.  TSID is set by
    the target.  It MUST be valid only in the final response."

    I'm trying to figure out what the TSID has to do with the SCSI initiator
    port.  As I understand it, they are completely unrelated (at an
    architecture level).  In implementation may choose to use the TSID as a
    pointer to the session in a unique way across all sessions in the target or
    in a unique way across all sessions with a given named iSCSI initiator or
    it can do any number of other things.  It is, in my opinion, unrelated to
    the SCSI initiator port.

    I would propose the following alternative text:

    "The TSID is a tag set by the target that, together with the ISID,
    identifies a unique session with the initiator."

    Comments?

    Jim Hafner