    RE: iSCSI: definition of TSID (2.11.4 of draft 07)

    I'm curious why you've phrased it this way.  I think of it more like;

    "The TSID is the target assigned tag for a session with a specific initiator
    name that, together with the ISID uniquely identifies a session with that
    initiator.

    However, the target MUST enforce uniqueness of the SSID for a given I_T
    combination (in order for login and recovery rules to make sense).

    The TSID MAY be a unique tag for a session with a specific initiator name."

    I know the last "rule" is more for convenience than to follow the "modeling
    rules" (but that's the most straight forward way to implement TSID
    assignment?).  From the target viewpoint, it must first set the context of
    the initiator name, secondly the ISID.

    Marjorie Krueger
    Networked Storage Architecture
    Networked Storage Solutions Org.