    Re: iSCSI: reusing ISID for recovery

    With  regard to time bloat I have two things to say:

    1- It is a rare event (connection don't stay alive long if a machine goes
    down)
    2 - we could remove the checking - going only on reporting and have in
    those cases the command reissued with X

    As for the mistake I am afraid that anything that is so easy to do badly
    will be done badly and causes can range from simple bugs, to management
    servers that direct you to same target under two different names and the
    target does not care to two user programs doing uncoordinated login (but
    only one is bad).

    I assume that are many scenarios that we don't even think about.

    My long experience tells me not make it easy for a mistake to ruin good
    work.

    And I think that the proposal that is out (removing the checking and having
    Marjory irritated) is a good compromise between simplicity a sound
    engineering.

    Julo

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>@ece.cmu.edu on 30-08-2001 02:54:09

    Please respond to Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>