    RE: Enough on TCP vs. SCTP, please

    draft-wakeley-iscsi-msgbndry-00.txt says:

       The proposal is pretty simple.  The first byte of every iSCSI
       message is marked "urgent" - the TCP urgent pointer will point to
       the first byte of the iSCSI message in the TCP segment.

    Douglas Otis says:

    > It is not reasonable to redefine the urgent pointer.

    Your WG co-chair says:

    I can't find anything in the draft that redefines the urgent
    pointer. TCP deliberately does not define exactly what the
    urgent pointer points to.  For example, I wouldn't expect
    iSCSI and telnet to use the urgent pointer in the same way.

    In order to continue this argument that an unacceptable change
    is being made to TCP, it is necessary to cite the text in RFC 793
    (or some other RFC that defines TCP) that would have to be changed
    if the approach in the draft referenced above were adopted.

    NOTE: this is *not* a statement of consensus that the approach
    in the draft should be adopted.  This is only a procedural statement
    that consideration of that approach is within scope of the WG.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500