    iSCSI requirements drafts

    Just two comments on the Security Considerations:

    The iSCSI draft states that
    "iSCSI implementations MUST provide means of
    protection against active attacks (pretending as another
    identity, message insertion, deletion, and modification)".
    This might be reflected in a MUST statement in section 6.3
    (which I would rename to "Data Integrity and Authentication ")

    Also - I would rename the "CRC" occurrences in the MAY/MUST
    statements on the beginning of 6.3 to "digest", as digests with
    real security value may be negotiated (this is one method of
    providing the above MUST).  CRC is one type of digest (that
    doesn't provide security value, just error detection).

      Regards,
         Ofer

    Ofer Biran
    Storage and Systems Technology