    From: Ralph Weber [mailto:ralphoweber@compuserve.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 12:04 PM
    To: IPS Reflector
    Subject: Re: IPS: FCIP & this list

    David,

    Your responses are most excellent.

    There are minutes (well, more like discussion notes) from the
    conference call and I will ask that they be posted to this
    reflector.

    The interim FCIP drafts and issues lists are maintained in PDF
    format, amounting to between .2M and .5M of new material per
    week. Since this is Rome, they cannot be posted to this reflector.
    It is totally impractical to translate the PDFs to text, sorry.

    } WG Last Call will be conducted on this reflector for FCIP
    } and iFCP.  If the FCIP authors continue in their current
    } direction, those WG Last Calls could take a very long time.

    There appears to be no alternative, however, I doubt that the
    WG Last Calls time requirement would be shortened by more than
    10% even if everything done by the FCIP authors was posted
    to this reflector.  In particular, I see no reason to believe
    that the people who will raise Last Call issues will remember
    earlier postings here, or bother to participate on this
    reflector prior to Last Call.  You are the sole exception
    to this perception.

    Thanks for the well written, thoughtful response. I regret
    that I see so few ways to be more accommodating.

    Ralph...